queenconch

Handcrafted and modified one-of-a-kind goodies for people who love the beach, live by the beach or just dream of the beach. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or wish to purchase an item at jayneinpr@yahoo.com

Sunday, March 26, 2006


Got to work in the garden yesterday as we had surprise sunshine(it called for rain!) and it felt so good to be out there again! Have made a contact, through Flickr, called Redwork in Germany. She does beautiful redwork and I posted a photo of a quilt that my Grandmother did for my father in 1925 for her to see. She has asked if she can reproduce the quilt! I have been sending her photos of each block on the quilt and my sister and I are just thrilled that she is recreating a bit of our history!
The rain is back today so its inside chores for me today!

8 Comments:

  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Green Kitchen said…

    What a great story!

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Kristy said…

    The original and the story behind it is so beautiful. I look forward to seeing the reproduction. I'm sure Redwork will do a great job.

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is the miracle of weblogs...never in a million years could this have happened without such an amazing connection. I can only imagine our grandmother looking down and being tickled pink that 81 years later, her quilt is on the internet and is being reproduced by able hands...Redwork!

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger emily said…

    that is SOOOOOO cool! right on!

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    what a beautiful quilt...love the story too! Hope this finds you well! What a small world we live in...blogging has put me in touch with some amazing women and my life is richer because of this!!

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Samantha said…

    What a lovely thing to do! Recreating your grandmother's quilt after all these years.

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow, I am so excited about this...how history keeps going! amazing!

     
  • At 2:11 AM, Blogger Redwork in Germany said…

    It is a wounderful journey your grandmothers quilt sent me on. I am learning so much while working on this quilt and have never been so diligent with my stitches or so carefull with choosing the right material. The preparation work alone is as exciting as seeing the pieces come together. I made new contacts to even more wonderful Redwork enthausiasts which help me in finding out more about the pattern history and I am enjoying every single task that is needed to finish this quilt....Thank you for making this possible, Jayne!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home