queenconch

Handcrafted and modified one-of-a-kind goodies for people who love the beach, live by the beach or just dream of the beach. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or wish to purchase an item at jayneinpr@yahoo.com

Monday, February 27, 2006


My sister, Barb is always talking about her wellies so I thought I would post a photo of my favorite wellies, I love them, they have great treds on the bottom to grip the rocks at the beach.
Have had a couple of fun filled days, on Friday it was pot luck lunch with 4 of the yoga girls(one is 74!) . We ate till we couldn't move, butternut squash soup, fresh salad from Joanne's garden, jumbo shrimp in a spicy sauce, a tray with almonds, dates, smoked cheese(a new favorite of mine) and fruit plus(my contrabution) an apple galette! Our discussion was about setting up a non-profit group to create a wellness centre for yoga, Nia, workshops and the like. We all got homework and will meet again next Fri for another lunchean meeting.
Then on Sat our towns Festival of the Performing Arts got under way. I went to watch the Broadway Show Tunes. Great fun and a friend of mine won the gold in the adult category. Then it was off to a "Pirate party" where there was more great food(brie cheese, stawberries, grapes, pinapple, baguette, etc.) I ended up sleeping over as we got an unexpected snow fall and didn't want to chance the drive so late at night. Instead we all went outside at 1:00 in the morning and had a snowball fight!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Miss Robyn said…

    I just emailed you about the swap - I just need your postal details so that I can add you to the swap - thanks! Hope to hear from you soon

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love these wellies and if we had the same shoe size, you might find that they just accidentally fell into my suitcase after a visit. And ALL that food...does the zipper on your pants still do up?

     
  • At 4:30 AM, Blogger Samantha said…

    Love the wellies. I have a blue pair with bright blue flowers all over them. Perfect for gardening!

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said…

    GREAT POST....and I'm loving those wellies!

    You girls have a real addiction!

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great boots and sounds like you've been having so much fun lately!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Posy said…

    Oh, it's not fair...'unexpected snow fall'...'snowball fights at 1am'... can you hear me stamping my foot in protest!?
    Lucky girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home