queenconch

Handcrafted and modified one-of-a-kind goodies for people who love the beach, live by the beach or just dream of the beach. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or wish to purchase an item at jayneinpr@yahoo.com

Monday, June 12, 2006


I spent the week gathering 'stuff' up for the big garage sale I held on Sat. and set most of it up on Friday night. Thank goodness it didn't rain! I was up and ready early on Sat. morning just incase there were early birds and sure enough the first one arrived at 8:00! Bronwynne was a great help just by bringing me tea, making my lunch, and filling in when I needed a pee break! The last person arrived at 2:00 and stayed for almost an hour! Needless to say she went home with a car load! Bron and I boxed up what was left and will take it all to the thrift store. It seemed like a long day! Also last week Fred and I worked on getting a 'natural' filter set up for my pond with a wire stand that has 3 shelves which we filled with moss and ferns. The water is pumped to the top shelf and gets filtered down through the rest, plus it looks nice. The moss will grow and fill in the shelves, the ferns will grow and hang over the edges and all will hide the stand(we went to a garden that had one set up and it was really quite beautiful). This week I want to tackle some of the bedroom floors as they have old rotten carpets and I want to replace them with the click down "wood" flooring that we put in our kitchen( I have been really happy with it and it brightens up the whole place!) If I get just one room done I will be happy!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't wait to see the filter in action...it looks so neat, that I'm trying to figure out a way to put a mini version in my fountain, but it might be a bit much. What a terrific idea, though! And...I'm SO glad it didn't rain for your yard sale.

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great idea for the filter! Glad your yard sale went well!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's fantastic. My wife would love something like that out back.

    Alas, we rent! Maybe down the road some.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home