queenconch

Handcrafted and modified one-of-a-kind goodies for people who love the beach, live by the beach or just dream of the beach. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or wish to purchase an item at jayneinpr@yahoo.com

Saturday, May 27, 2006



This past week was a rainy one here on the coast, a good time to get some inside projects done. I was sitting watching Debbie Travis on Monday night and was bored! Glancing around the living room I realized I needed a change so right then and there(10:00pm.) I started moving the furniture away from the walls and filling any holes or nicks with filler, washing the walls and doing prep work for painting! I was just going to paint out the red that I had on the bottom half of the walls(its wood) but when I got it all painted white the next day I realized that the walls also looked dull!(they were an off white) So checked our stash of paint that Fred finds at the recycle depoit. I found 1 1/2 cans of tropical blue( a light blue) and thought to myself 'go for it, it's only paint and one can alway paint over!!' So once again washed and filled! I just love it! It has brightened up the room so much and made it seem less cluttered( perhaps it looks less cluttered as I moved the love seat into Stefans room for when his friends come over. He has his own TV in there) But it didn't stop with just the paint, the old bamboo blind had to go too! So dug around in my fabric stash and found some white and some white with blue starfish but not enough of either for drapes so combined the two and got a new rod....presto, new draps for that cottage-by-the-sea look. Can't believe what a bit of paint and fabric will do to lift ones spirits!

9 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger emily said…

    see? this is why i can't keep up with you and mom....i was already in bed and sleeping by the time you decided to start this.....geeesh.....looks great though, i love it!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You've got to stop watching Debbie Travis so late at night! I'm definitely going to need a guided tour the next time I visit...so many changes. The livingroom looks so much brighter now...a real beach cottage feel to it. Clever you, sis!

     
  • At 3:53 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said…

    YOU GO GIRL!!!

    I saw the pics on flickr, and had to come over immediately to say...I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!

    xoxox

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha! It looks great but I can't believe you did all that on a spur of the moment! At our house we have to discuss, debate, juggle paint samples and sleep on it for a few months before we make any big changes.

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amazing..it looks fab! I'm itching now to get painting!

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Kali said…

    I love your spontaneity! Look at your lovely new room, well done. It is so fresh and beach cottagey :)

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Judypatooote said…

    I am a morning person....by 10pm I am zzzzzzzzz.....I have to work up to painting.....

    I thought i'd stop by and say hi, for I am your tea swap partner.....
    and you are mine.....so we shall swap tea, etc. nice to meet ya.

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger islandarts said…

    The new paint color looks stunning, gorgeous drapes as well... want to come over to my house??? LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home