queenconch

Handcrafted and modified one-of-a-kind goodies for people who love the beach, live by the beach or just dream of the beach. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or wish to purchase an item at jayneinpr@yahoo.com

Sunday, June 18, 2006



Had a great week doing alot of pottering in the garden when the weather permitted! Went to the awards ceremony at Bronwynne's school on Thurs night and one of her "Flash" presentations was shown. She was on the principals honor roll and was given the highest award for her digital media and film class. Needless to say we are very proud of her! Had two of the yoga gals over for lunch on Friday(potluck) and spent a wonderful 3 hours eating and walking the garden(the sun even came out of hiding for a while!) One brought meatless meatloaf and meatless gravy and locally made goat cheese, one brought an Athenian Artichoke Dip with crackers, I made Cauliflower cheese pie with graded potato crust and a strawberry sweet bread for dessert, it was all so yummy! Yesterday I got it into my head that I could sew up a new umberella for outside so got some vinyl tablecloths from Walmart and just got cutting and sewing, I'm pleased with the results and it was alot cheaper than buying a whole new one! There was even enough left over to cover the table!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Ooh you clever diy umbrella maker! What a great idea to use tablecloths. Well done!

    gwensmom

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Judypatooote said…

    You did a great job, the umbrella looks professional....you had some recipes their that I never heard of....congrats to your little honor roll student.....I would love to take a class in photography ..... as a girl scout when I was 12 I remember developing my own film in a dark room.....that was fun.....

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Huge congratulations to Bron for her awards...she's so deserving of them. And...you must be a little higher up on the sewing branch of the family tree, because I don't think I'd ever be able to tackle an umbrella cover (your other one is still here, by the way)...great job, sis!
    P.S. I'd love the recipes

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Miss Robyn said…

    what fun! lunch with the girls - never need an excuse for that :)

     
  • At 1:18 AM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said…

    That little spot is so cute...and I think I'm hungry now!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home