queenconch

Handcrafted and modified one-of-a-kind goodies for people who love the beach, live by the beach or just dream of the beach. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or wish to purchase an item at jayneinpr@yahoo.com

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Everything under the sun!

Grad walk
Wine Gals
I just don't know where the past months have gone! Since we got Libby life has been a whirlwind of goings on. Just after Bronwynne arrived home from Costa Rica I went on a week long tour of the Okanagan Valley with a group of wonderful woman (there were 6 of us all together) Two of the gals had birthdays during the week, one turning 48 the other turning 50. They had always wanted to do the wine tours so thats what we did. I'm not much of a wine drinker myself as it stuffs up my nose but I found out what wines I can drink. We had a wonderful time and experienced some fabulous meals, great laughs, incredible places, and met some far-out people. The day after I got back we moved Bronwynne to Victoria, she got herself a job the next day and is now saving up for her trip to Thailand. She has caught the travel bug and wants to get it out of her system before continuing with her schooling. All the power to her I say! She came back for her Grad the weekend of June 9th which was 3 days of none stop activities and fun ( and tears for me as another of my chicks graduates and flies the nest!) She just loves Victoria though and if they are happy so am I! Through all this the renos have been happening to the house so life has felt a bit more hectic than usual!! I just spent 2 days at the pottery studio doing what we call "pot till you drop". This is when we all get together to make as many pots, dishes and other stuff using "club clay" and then the things are sold to raise money for the Fine Arts. It's a lot of work but also fun.
Two of my (remaining) children have now finished school for the year, they just have exams left to do but Declan still has two more weeks to go! I am going as chaperon on his classes year end trip to Vancouver where we will get to sleep at the Aquarium! I'm sure this will be fun but I just can't wait for summer and some down time.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And I want to spend some of that down time with you. I need a good dose of sister Jayne!

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said…

    LUCKY GIRLS! What fun that sounds like! I've always wanted to visit the wineries too...and making pottery, another thing that sounds like fun! The best part of all, is that you got to do it all with your gal Pals!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home