queenconch

Handcrafted and modified one-of-a-kind goodies for people who love the beach, live by the beach or just dream of the beach. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or wish to purchase an item at jayneinpr@yahoo.com

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Happy New Year


We all just had the most wonderful time with my mom here, she put up with everything from power outages to backed up toilets and all that went inbetween! We just had so many great belly laughs and quality time was spent with all the family. I went to Barbs (www.greenwellies.typepad.com) on Friday then on Sat we headed to Gwens (www.muddyyellowdog.typepad.com) . Picked up Emily and Aethan from the ferry and Kieran from the seabus (Kieran hadn't seen his older cousins for so long, it was great to get them together!) Mom took all 10 of us out to dinner which was just wonderful to have that many of her family all together for one meal! Then it was back to Gwens for dessert and a game of Cranium. Sunday was spent shopping and laughing and after supper Mom, Barb, Gwen and I sat down to watch Calender Girls. It was a very fitting movie for my moms last night with us, lots of laughs and tears! Just right for us goddess gals to watch!. Monday morning saw tears as mom went off to the airport. She said that we had rejuvenated her but she did the same with us! Barb and I too said our goodbyes and after we dropped Gwen off at the doctors we picked up Kieran for a trip to Ikea! We got some great finds and Kieran found most of what he had wanted to get so all were happy. Barb and I were trying for the 3:20 ferry but missed that so stopped at Old Navy for one last shop! Got back to Barbs safely and unpacked then put her Ikea chair together. The next day saw me traveling up the coast to my home but unlike the day before it was a pretty rough ferry ride and we all had to remain in our seats! The wind picked up as we landed and trees were coming down on the road left, right, and center! Then the rain turned to hugh snow and the road was covered in minutes! I have never been so glad to get home in one piece!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a wonderful time with you and I'm glad we're all safe and sound back in our own nests again. I'm also thrilled that you didn't spill the beans about my social faux pas on the ferry that had us doubled over in laughter!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home