queenconch

Handcrafted and modified one-of-a-kind goodies for people who love the beach, live by the beach or just dream of the beach. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or wish to purchase an item at jayneinpr@yahoo.com

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oldest Daughter flies the coop


Bronwynne is my oldest daughter and has worked hard at everything she has done her whole life! She has accomplished more in her 17 (almost 18) years than any teen I know, from swimming (she has her lifeguard and instructor certs), to winning the part in a pilot series for TV (that was filmed right here in our town), to holding down 3 jobs all at once(washing dishes in a restaurant, pumping gas and doing propane at a gas station, and teaching swimming lessons!), to taking on a heavy work load at school so that she could graduate 5 months early from school! But it has all paid off, she left (with her best friend Carly and Carly's brother Charlie) 2 weeks ago to spend 3 months traveling in Costa Rica! She bought herself a top of the line digital camera and my oldest son Kieran helped her find a lap top computer so that she could keep in touch ( she has become addicted to Flickr.com just like her mom!) Her and her friends have rented a little beach shack for the month of March and has invited me down for a week! I can't wait, not only will the mother get to make sure that the daughter is really ok, but I will get to warm my bones! Don't worry, I'm taking my camera!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We couldn't be prouder of her...she's an amazing person with a sense of self and individuality, has wonderful friends, is creative and a free spirit who knows how to laugh and grab each day with jest...guess she didn't fall far from her mother's tree.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so impressed! My daughter will just be turning 17 next month! I must have her read this post and get inspired!!! Does your daughter know what she will be doing next september?

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    little cousin's all grown up! where did the time go?

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found my way over here from a link your sister gave me. What an amazing girl your daughter seems! You are quite right to be so proud of her!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home