queenconch

Handcrafted and modified one-of-a-kind goodies for people who love the beach, live by the beach or just dream of the beach. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or wish to purchase an item at jayneinpr@yahoo.com

Sunday, April 01, 2007

New Pond



I spent last weekend at my sisters as it was her 60th birthday. Caitlin and I went down on Sat, Em and Aethan were already there and Barb picked up Gwen and her new dog Scout from the ferry an hour later. Aethan was so good with being surrounded by all the women! It's like he sees us every day! We had such a fun day, walking the beach with the dogs, looking at photos (Gwens from England and mine from Costa Rica), and just having a really great gab session! We all went out to the Japanese Restaurant for supper and Barb had got us each a goodie bag, what fun! Sunday saw more walks on the beach. Em and Aethan had to fly home at noon and I put Caitlin on the bus to Vancouver to visit her big brother Kieran for a few days(they are going to take in a concert together). All in all it was a much needed gathering of the women in the family!(we were just missing Bronwynne and our mom)
I spent all week working on my pond. Some big dog got into it just after Christmas and tore a hole in the old pool liner that I used, he knocked over all the plants, fountains, and killed all the fish. I did find 3 little baby fish in the muck at the very bottom! A friend had given me a new (real) pond liner but it was a lot of work to put it in as I had
to move all the rocks, plants and stuff away from the edge of the pond to install the new liner. I finished up yesterday and am very pleased with the results!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this looks just great, a hint of Costa Rican inspiration. Daisy (little bean, sailor) will love lying at your feet here. xo! keep us posted on her arrival!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Rita said…

    is very good!

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You did an incredible job rebuilding a new pond...it looks fantastic and the three baby fish will think it's the cat's meow having it all to themselves.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Kieran said…

    I'm still not sure about the name of the new dog... And you never told me some dog broke the pond and killed all the fish? was it a dog we knew?

    New pond is looking good all the same, hope the baby fish survive!

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said…

    Oh...it's WONDERFUL!

    So glad you had a fab time at Barb's!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home