queenconch

Handcrafted and modified one-of-a-kind goodies for people who love the beach, live by the beach or just dream of the beach. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or wish to purchase an item at jayneinpr@yahoo.com

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Bag Lady!


I just don't know what it is but I have this thing with making bags lately! I have found so many wonderful canvas type fabric with great patterns on it over the past year that I just have the need to sew it all into hand bags or totes! And I just hate to be interrupted while in the middle of creating them! But life goes on! Bronwynne only has one more week of school left then we have two weeks to get her room packed up and her stuff stored away and her big backpack ready for her 3 months in Costa Rica. I am just thrilled for her, this is a much need and much earned holiday. She managed to rent a place right on the beach (with mango and avocado trees right in the yard) for the month of March for $400. She and Carly will have such a great time. Now onto Gwen tagging me for the 6 weird things about my self!
1. I collect skulls (and have done since I found my first skull(sheep) when I was 8!)
2. I am obsessed with my new/old kitchen!(vintage 1940's)
3. Have a great need to buy mugs, and teapots!
4. Will poke and prod anything dead that I find at the beach(or anywhere) to see if I can get the above mentioned skulls.
5. Just love to do laundry, sort in neat piles, and iron(thank you Gwen for finding the "shells" ironing board cover, it makes me so happy!)
6. Love nothing better than an afternoon scrounging at the dump with my sister Barb
7. Just love poking around old graveyards
I could go on and on but will stop there with the thought.....Be yourself, everyone else is taken!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First of all, being your loving sis, I find absolutely NOTHING weird about the above mentioned and could probably add a few more to your list for you. Thank you for being you...a funny, interesting, eclectic, crazy, playful, loving sister.
    The bags are scrumptious, as is everything you sew.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the bags, nice bright colours too. I too have been on bag/tote making frenzy of late. You can never have too many bags.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home